2020 is off to a flying start with sales here at Michael Graham up 97% compared to the same period in 2019. Along with Bedford, Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire has the highest forecast growth for this year and for London commuters looking to buy outside of the capital, Milton Keynes is one of the best places to invest in property and has been named as one of the best commuter areas for 2020.
Written by Lisa Proffitt | 11th February 2020
Why Milton Keynes is one of the best places to invest in property
MK has more show homes than any other city and 13 people move to the town every day, so why is it now one of the best places to buy property in the UK?
- Fantastic transport links: Back in 1967 the area was chosen as a New Town site precisely because of its strong geographical position: Milton Keynes is almost equidistant from London, Birmingham, Leicester, Oxford and Cambridge; the city centre is only 5 miles from junction 14 of the M1; and Milton Keynes Central train station offers a brilliant commute to Euston in just 36 minutes making it one of the best places to invest in property for commuters.
- Proximity to market towns: Buckinghamshire is brimming with market towns and along with an office in the centre of Milton Keynes, Michael Graham has offices in seven of the liveliest and most traditional of them including Aylesbury, Buckingham, Woburn Sands, Olney, Stony Stratford, Newport Pagnell and Princes Risborough. All seven towns have a mix of traditional and individual specialty shops, beautiful architecture, historic pubs and coaching inns and are surrounded by rolling Buckinghamshire countryside. Contact any of these Michael Graham offices for expert advice on houses for sale in the market towns and their surrounding villages. Whether you’re looking for a thatched 17th century cottage in an old English village or a high specification new build home on one of the contemporary developments in Milton Keynes, our team will do their best to match you with the house of your dreams. Find each Michael Graham office listed on the website where you can also read more information on each of the towns.
- Wide open green spaces: Milton Keynes is often dismissed as a soulless wilderness of roundabouts and concrete cows, but only by people who have never visited. The planning phase of the town was ambitious and imagined a "forest city" and that vision was realised by planting a staggering 22 million trees and shrubs. Today, two-fifths of Milton Keynes is open space with over 6,000 acres of parkland, rivers, lakes and woodland. The town is the perfect destination for days out enjoying water sports, archery, fishing, walking or horse-riding – there are over 100 miles of pathways and bridleways in Milton Keynes.
- Good for leisure: Milton Keynes is bidding to be the European Capital of Culture in 2023 and is well-positioned to win when you consider what the town has to offer. Most people know of the 400-shop town centre mall and Xscape where you can snowboard and ski on Europe’s largest indoor ski slope, but if your passion is the arts, MK offers theatre productions, art galleries and orchestral productions in abundance, and if you’re a fan of catching the latest Hollywood blockbuster, the town has two IMAX cinemas.
- Family friendly: Milton Keynes is an activity mecca and the county of Buckinghamshire itself could never disappoint. Waddesdon Manor near Aylesbury and the Capability Brown Stowe Gardens near Buckingham both have jam-packed cultural calendars of events for young people, families and children, especially during school holidays. Family friendly fun is not confined to National Trust properties either. Woburn Abbey Garden Show in June, Buckingham Literary Festival and the Chiltern Steam Rally in July and the Bucks County Show in August are just a few local events well worth putting in the diary. Each Michael Graham office is an expert on events in their area and a proud supporter of many of them too.
Are you thinking of moving to Milton Keynes or looking to invest in one of the best places in the UK? Our team would love to help you find your dream home - why not click the Property Search button and have a look at the Michael Graham homes for sale or to let and call us today? The three houses below in Milton Keynes are for sale right now:
3 Wilford Close
Woolstone, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK15 0HA