On 19th July 2021 the Government rescinded all legal restrictions relating to Covid-19. Michael Graham remain committed to providing a safe and Covid-Secure customer journey for our clients.
Written by Wesley Muchimwe | 20th July 2021
Latest Update on Coronavirus
General government guidance can be found via this link.
We will continue to operate in the covid-safe way we have established, adhering to best practice on how to safely conduct viewings. We are also here to help so please don’t hesitate to contact us via your local Michael Graham office or by asking a question via our online chat service.
We remain committed to helping you move safely as we cautiously return to normality. Please take a moment to read the answers below to some of the most commonly asked questions:
- What are the rules on viewing properties? As long as you are not displaying any Covid-19 symptoms such as a temperature or a new and continuous cough you can view a property and allow viewings in your home. We ask that you still practice good social distancing and wear a face covering. We recommend that home owners contain any pets and vacate their property while a viewing is in progress. Viewing time inside the property will be kept to a reasonable minimum and any questions arising will be answered outside of the property or over the telephone.
- My home is not yet on the market, can I view a property speculatively? Speculative viewings should only take place via our 3-D immersive virtual tours which have proved particularly popular since the first lockdown. We strongly encourage customers to only request a physical viewing if they have a strong and keen interest in the property and are in a financial position to proceed with an offer.
- How will viewings be conducted? Prior to any viewing, the prospective buyer and seller will be asked to confirm that they have not presented any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 in the previous 7 days. No viewing will go ahead if either party has shown symptoms or has been self-isolating. We have a supply of masks should you need them and will talk through all these measures with you once a viewing is confirmed.
- As a seller, how should I prepare for viewings? Please ensure good ventilation inside your home by opening windows and all internal doors prior to the viewing. Provide hand sanitiser for use by visitors on arrival and please allow access to handwashing facilities. We will remind prospective buyers not to touch surfaces, but after the viewing, please spray or wipe down door handles with an antibacterial cleaning product.
- Who will be allowed inside my property? Prospective buyers or renters, estate agents, conveyancers, surveyors, tradespeople and removal workers are all allowed to enter your property. We will continue to encourage the following of social distancing guidelines and the wearing of face coverings.
- If the chain collapses in my sale due to the latest coronavirus situation, what will happen? We are expert at dealing with bumps in the road during the sales process and communication is key at this time. We will liaise with all parties and do our best to get your sale back on track. If this sadly isn’t possible, we will work on a new plan for your property.
- Can I still get a valuation? Yes, we are still carrying out valuations in a safe and socially distant way. Click on the free market appraisal icon on our website to book yours now.
- How have your working practices changed to ensure the safety of your staff? All of our offices have been continually risk assessed throughout the pandemic and signage put in place to ensure our team and all visitors adhere to the government guidance for social distancing. We review the situation daily.
Please do get in touch if you have any other queries or concerns. If you’re a house seller, potential buyer, landlord or tenant we are ready to help. We are committed to keeping you moving safely.