An opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Officer to join our Operations team, which works alongside the Marketing and Accounts Teams in our busy Head Office.
The core responsibility is to ensure that the company is conducting its business in full compliance with all relevant laws and regulations that pertain to the property industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards. The successful applicant will also work with current and new members of staff to ensure they are trained to the highest standards, in order to progress the business further and maintain the company ethos.
The role would suit someone with previous experience of compliance matters including undertaking audits, and implementing and reviewing policy. Strong organisational skills are a must, as well as good time management skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and a high attention to detail.
As the company’s single point of contact for all compliance and legal matters, the successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of the Court’s process and be comfortable handling legal cases on behalf of the company.
The role will be a full-time position based at our Head Office in Olney.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the company is conducting business in full compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Undertake responsibilities as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Be the main point of contact internally and externally for complaints.
- Be the main point of contact for The Property Ombudsman, Trading Standards, HMRC, the FCA and other relevant bodies.
- Understand all relevant and upcoming legislation and drive compliance of these regulations.
- Oversee the communication of compliance across the organisation and provide advice / guidance to those who request it.
- Write, and support the production of, policies across the organisation and manage their implementation.
- Represent the organisation in any relevant legal challenges as required.
- Prepare and submit compliance reports when required.
- Ensure Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
- Manage the risk of non - compliance across the organisation.
- Be the single point of contact for all legislation based / legal enquiries.
- Conduct vetting checks on new starters.
- Conduct a full annual review of compliance across the business.
- Deal with any and all legal challenges as required.
Key Skills Required
Ability to learn about our services and review our business practices
Diligence and willingness to see an issue through to resolution
Proactive and vigilant to potential breaches and strategies
Analytical with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Full UK Driving License
Specific areas of responsibility cover but are not limited to:
- The Estate Agency Act
- The Property Ombudsman
- Money laundering
- Data protection
- Pre-Action Protocols
- Agency agreements / Terms of business
- New starter training overview
- Staff Health and Safety- Display Screen equipment
Please complete the form below to initiate the application process. You will also be able to upload a CV if applicable.