Hanslope, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK19 7HN
- Grade II listed detached house
- Six bedrooms
- Four reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Bathroom and two shower rooms
- Six attic rooms
- Swimming pool
- Coach house and stables
A Grade II listed 17th century stone under tile six bedroom detached house with a coach house, swimming pool, stables and 6 acres of land near Hanslope.
Pindon Manor has over 4,400 sq. ft. of accommodation with four reception rooms, a kitchen/breakfast room, six bedrooms and three bath or shower rooms. The rooms are high ceilinged and spacious, and the large windows allow in plenty of natural light. Finishes include York stone flooring in the entrance hall, the original stone flooring in the dining room and parquet flooring in the family room. One of the shower rooms features Spanish Casa Pupo ceramic tiles. On the second floor there are six attic rooms currently used for storage. These rooms could be converted into extra bedrooms or an annexe, subject to obtaining any necessary permissions. There is also a cellar which houses the boiler. Garaging is supplied in the coach house and there is a stable and approximately 6 acres of gardens and paddocks.
History and Heritage
Pindon Manor is a Grade II listed 17th century manor house built of coursed rubblestone with a tiled roof. It is in a half H shape with projecting wings on the north front and a 1656 date stone in the gable. The property was subsequently extended and the join for the extension can be seen. The principal rooms face south with views over the garden and paddock. There are mullioned windows and the walls are two foot thick in places.
In a survey of 1818 Pindon Manor is shown as belonging to Edward Watts who owned Hanslope Park and lots of other property in the parish. Pindon Manor is tenanted by Thomas Taylor. In the 1851 census it was tenanted by George White, a farmer, and in the 1861 census by Charles Crick who lived there with his wife, son, mother-in-law and two servants and is described as a farmer of 231 acres employing nine men and eleven boys. In the 1881 census the tenant has changed to Thomas Higgins; a farmer of 333 acres employing six men and four 4 boys. The vendors bought the property at auction in 1971 as two houses and reinstated it as a single house.
The entrance hall has a window to the front, stairs to the cellar and stairs to the first floor with an understairs storage cupboard. There is York stone flooring, and double doors to the side garden and swimming pool. The cloakroom has a WC, wash basin and windows to the front and side.
The drawing room has an open fireplace, and windows to the side and rear with window seats. The dining room has the original flagstone flooring and a built-in shelved storage cupboard for crockery. There is a door to the rear garden with windows either side, each with window seats. The family room has a multi-fuel stove, parquet flooring, and windows to the side and rear with a window seat. These principal reception rooms all face south with views over the garden, paddocks and surrounding countryside. The study has an exposed stone wall, exposed timber beams, stone flooring, and a window to the side with a window seat.
The kitchen/breakfast room has a range of wall and base units with work surfaces over incorporating a sink and drainer. There is a built-in double oven, an electric hob, integrated dishwasher, space for further appliances, wooden flooring, exposed beams, a built-in pantry, a window to the side, and a door to the front.
The landing has exposed beams, a built-in storage cupboard, and a window to the front.
The dual aspect master bedroom has a range of built-in wardrobes to one wall, exposed beams, and windows to the side and rear, the rear one having a window seat. Bedroom two has a Victorian style fireplace, an exposed beam, and windows to the side and rear, with again the rear one having with a window seat. Bedroom three has a Victorian style fireplace, a built-in corner wardrobe, and a window to the rear with a window seat and open views. Bedroom four has a range of built-in wardrobes to one wall, and a window to the side with open views. Bedroom five has a built-in cupboard, and a window to the side. Bedroom six has a Victorian style fireplace, exposed floorboards, and a window to the side.
Bathroom and Shower Rooms
The main bathroom has a panelled bath, a WC, wash basin, a heated towel radiator, an exposed beam, and a window to the side. The main shower room has a shower cubicle, a WC, wash basin, bidet, Casa Pupo tiled walls and flooring, a built-in storage cupboard, and a window to the side. The small shower room has a shower cubicle, a WC, wash basin, window to the front, and stairs to the attic rooms.
There are six attic rooms with exposed beams and exposed floorboards. Three of the rooms have a window and some have a fireplace. The attics have good head height and it would be possible to convert them into additional bedrooms or a separate annexe subject to obtaining the necessary planning permissions.
There is a stone wall surround with wrought iron gated access to the gravelled driveway which leads to the front door, to the stone under tile barn which incorporates four stables, and to a stone built plant room for the pool. There is also a walled area for bin storage. The outdoor swimming pool has a paved surround and an adjacent patio with a covered seating area for outdoor entertaining. The remainder of the garden is principally laid to lawn with mature specimen trees interspersed including an area with apple and plum trees. There is also a vegetable garden. A fence separates the garden from the paddocks and there are open views across the surrounding countryside. Across the road, at the front of the house, there is a two storey detached part brick part stone half timbered coach house incorporating two carports, a garage and a loft room.
Hanslope is situated on the north east Buckinghamshire boundary with Northamptonshire. The village has a range of local facilities including a post office and general store, a butchers, two public houses, a first/middle school which has an outstanding Ofsted report, a church and two chapels. The property is 7 miles from Milton Keynes which has a wider range of shops and leisure facilities and a train service which takes approximately 35 minutes to London Euston.