The Nook Cottage
North Road, Baldock, Hertfordshire, SG7 5DW
- Grade II listed 17th century thatched cottage
- Four bedrooms, two bathrooms
- Five reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room and utility/cloakroom
- Double garage, store and boiler room
- Heating via biomass boiler
- Mature landscaped gardens with water features.
- Set in a plot of approximately 0.5 acre
A Grade II listed late 17th century thatched four bedroom detached cottage on the edge of Baldock.
The Nook Cottage is set on a 0.5 acre plot with a private driveway. The property has approximately 2,880 sq. ft. of accommodation. On the ground floor there are five reception rooms along with a kitchen/breakfast room and a utility/cloakroom. There are two staircases to the first floor; the main staircase leads to the master bedroom with en suite bathroom whilst the back staircase leads to the three other bedrooms. There is detached outbuilding comprising a garage and a storeroom/plant room housing a biomass boiler, and mature gardens with water features. The property is located next to fields and there are public bridleways with access to Bygrave, Ashwell and beyond.
The kitchen/breakfast room has hand painted units and breakfast bar area, and there is an integrated oven and hob. The utility/cloakroom has a door to the side. The sitting room has an open fireplace with exposed beams and wooden flooring. The dual aspect games room has a tiled floor, bay window and double doors onto a patio. There is a formal dining room, a family room with an inglenook fireplace and a study which has a wood burning stove.
The master suite has views over the fields, built-in wardrobes and an en suite bathroom. Bedrooms two and three have built-in wardrobes. The family bathroom has recently been refitted.
The property is approached by a 300 ft. driveway leading to the parking area for four cars and double garage. The front garden features two lawned areas and is stocked with mature flower beds and trees with a large pond and feature waterfall.
Situation and Schooling
The property is situated just North of the Hertfordshire town of Baldock. A market has been held here since medieval times and the tradition continues every Wednesday. Baldock has a variety of public houses, restaurants and shops. The property falls within the catchment area for The Knights Templar School. Trains from Baldock to Kings Cross take just 41 minutes. The A1 is within a mile of the property.
Our online mortgage calculator will give you an outline of the monthly costs and Stamp duty applicable for your purchase. Full detailed quotes can be obtained by calling 01908 307306 and speaking to an adviser.
- this information is a guide only and should not be relied on as a recommendation or advice that any particular mortgage is suitable for you
- all mortgages are subject to the applicant(s) meeting the eligibility criteria of lenders; and
- make an appointment to receive mortgage advice suitable for your needs and circumstances