48 Stevenage Road, Knebworth, Hertfordshire, SG3 6NN
- Extended and refurbished detached house
- Four double bedrooms, en suite bathroom, family bathroom & cloakroom
- Five reception rooms incl. study
- Kitchen/breakfast room and utility room
- Log burners in dining room and sitting room
- Approx. 2,459 sq. ft. of versatile accommodation
- Electric gated parking for up to eight cars
- Quarter of an acre plot with private gardens
- Within walking distance of Knebworth railway station
An extended and refurbished four double bedroom detached house with gated off street parking in a quarter of an acre plot with private gardens.
This 1950s property has approximately 2,459 sq. ft. of accommodation which includes - on the ground floor - an entrance hall, a sitting room, a playroom and a study. There is also a refitted kitchen/breakfast room, a utility room, a guest cloakroom, a dining room and an Orangery living room. On the first floor, the master bedroom has an en suite bathroom and a dressing room with built-in wardrobes. There are three further bedrooms and a refitted modern bathroom. To the front, an electric sliding gate provides access to off street parking up to eight cars. To the rear, the patio has been newly laid and there is a built-in outside kitchen area. The garden is laid to lawn, enclosed by wooden fencing and has mature trees, a summerhouse and a garden shed. The property is 10 minutes walk from Knebworth railway station (Kings Cross, 26 minutes).
Ground Floor Highlights
The kitchen/breakfast room has been completely refitted and has a gas fired Aga and a separate electric oven and hob. There is also a built-in seating area with a breakfast bar and granite work surfaces. The floors are tiled in the kitchen/breakfast room and in the utility room, while the remainder of the ground floor has oak wood flooring. Other features include log burning stoves in the sitting room and dining room with underfloor heating in the Orangery Living Room.
There is oak flooring throughout the first floor and built-in wardrobes in all the bedrooms. The master bedroom suite has a dressing room with further fitted wardrobes and views over the garden. The en suite bathroom is fully tiled and has a separate shower cubicle. The four piece family bathroom also includes a separate shower cubicle.
Knebworth village is 6 miles north of Welwyn Garden City. It has a chemist, post office, GP surgery, two dentists, a Co-Op general store, restaurants, a wine merchants, a library and a junior/mixed infant school. Knebworth railway station (0.5 miles) has services to Kings Cross taking 26 minutes. There is a golf club within walking distance of the property and there is also a recreation ground with tennis courts, a bowling green and toddlers play area.
Our online mortgage calculator will give you an outline of the monthly costs and Stamp duty applicable for your purchase. Full detailed quotes can be obtained by calling 01908 307306 and speaking to an adviser.
- this information is a guide only and should not be relied on as a recommendation or advice that any particular mortgage is suitable for you
- all mortgages are subject to the applicant(s) meeting the eligibility criteria of lenders; and
- make an appointment to receive mortgage advice suitable for your needs and circumstances