4 Rothsay Road
Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 3PW
- Victorian semi detached property
- Seven bedrooms (five double)
- Three reception rooms, lower ground family/games room
- Open plan kitchen/breakfast room
- Gas to radiator and some sealed unit glazing
- Walled west facing rear garden
- Off street parking for one car and single garage
- Within 3 minutes' walk of The Embankment
A Victorian seven bedroom bay fronted semi detached property with an enclosed rear garden, a garage and driveway parking, walking distance from amenities in the town centre.
The 3,872 sq. ft. accommodation includes three reception rooms, a kitchen/breakfast room and a cloakroom on the ground floor. Period features include an original mosaic tiled floor in the entrance hall, fireplaces, and stripped internal doors. Modern amenities include a fitted kitchen and contemporary white sanitaryware. The first floor has four bedrooms, a shower room, cloakroom, laundry room and family bathroom. On the second floor there are three bedrooms and a gym which has access to a boarded loft space. There is also a basement which is currently being used as a family/games room. The driveway provides off street parking and there is a single garage in a block opposite the property. A gated side access leads to the walled rear garden which is principally lawned with well stocked borders and a paved terrace. There is also a timber garden shed.
The two principal reception rooms and the study all have traditional fireplaces and all have built-in cupboards and shelves in the chimney recesses. The sitting room has a bay window which partly overlooks The Embankment. On the lower ground floor there is a room which is currently used as a family/games room.
The kitchen is fitted with a range of hand painted Shaker style units, including a central island, with granite work surfaces and slate tiled splashbacks. Integrated appliances include a five burner gas hob with extractor over, an electric double oven, a microwave, a dishwasher, a washing machine and a fridge/freezer. There are French doors to the garden and black and red quarry tiled flooring continues into the breakfast area which has an original shelved storage cupboard.
Situation and Schooling
Rothsay Road lies off Castle Road, which has several shops and cafes, and is within walking distance of Russell Park and the famed riverside embankment of The Great Ouse. The property is less than a mile from Bedfords town centre, and The Harpur Trust Schools, and a mile from the mainline railway station with services to London St. Pancras in 47 minutes.
Our online mortgage calculator will give you an outline of the monthly costs and Stamp duty applicable for your purchase. Full detailed quotes can be obtained by calling 01908 307306 and speaking to an adviser.
- this information is a guide only and should not be relied on as a recommendation or advice that any particular mortgage is suitable for you
- all mortgages are subject to the applicant(s) meeting the eligibility criteria of lenders; and
- make an appointment to receive mortgage advice suitable for your needs and circumstances