The most wonderful time of the year will soon be upon us, and the busiest time of the year for online property searches. In homes up and down the country, searching for property over the festive period has become as much a part of Christmas as exchanging presents and pulling crackers.
Written by Lisa Proffitt | 11th December 2020
Reasons to list your home for sale before Christmas
The most recent figures by Rightmove show that 40 million individual homes were viewed throughout the course of Boxing Day in 2018, that’s three times higher than a typical day’s viewing figures.
If you want to take advantage of this regular spike in buyer interest and your house isn’t on the market yet, it’s not too late. It couldn’t be easier to book a free market appraisal with us now and if you haven’t made up your mind, here are some benefits of listing before the festive break this year:
- House hunting figures for Christmas 2020 could smash all previous records. With people restricted to small gatherings and even more time cooped up at home, searching for a new property may take on an even greater urgency. This translates as more active buyers looking for homes for sale.
- Sellers already on the market will also benefit from a significant level of interest in their property over Christmas and New Year. This activity can translate into viewings and offers throughout January.
- Over recent years, the January market has been consistently strong as a result of the festive boost and with the prospect of a record-breaking Christmas on the cards there's no reason why the start of 2021 can’t be an even more robust time for the housing market than usual.
- It’s human nature to evaluate lifestyle choices as a new year starts, and this year more so than most. With working from home a new way of life for many families, homes with a home office and plenty of outside space have made their way on to most buyer’s wish lists.
- All the usual, non-Covid related reasons for moving still hold true including needing more space for a growing family, downsizing, divorce, a work-related move and getting onto the property ladder.
- While the pandemic has taken its toll on many sectors of the economy, some of its consequences such as the stamp duty holiday have led to a surge in sales and more transactions than otherwise anticipated.
- With the Covid-19 vaccination program well underway in the UK and as restrictions hopefully start to ease from the spring, the outlook for consumer confidence should be optimistic and provide the housing market and all of us with a boost going into 2021.
- At Michael Graham we have continued working hard and adapted to this new normal. Our team has proved that we can work with the restrictions (spring lockdown aside) to help people to move home in a safe and stress free manner. Click here to see a selection of the finest town and country homes we have successfully sold in 2020.
Whether you are an existing customer of Michael Graham or are considering appointing us in the future, we would like to take this opportunity to send you our very best wishes for a peaceful Christmas and healthy and happy New Year 2021. Our team are working right up until 23rd December so please do get in touch if you would like us to help get you safely moving in 2021.